I live in central Tunbridge Wells with my husband Paul and have four children.
I’m an experienced hypnobirthing practitioner, NCT antenatal teacher and doula.
I trained in hypnobirthing because I’d seen it’s effects in women who I’d doula’d for and I wanted to support women like you who needed help around birth anxiety, and also their partners who all too often assume they’ll be a ‘spare part’ on the day …. nothing could be further from the truth as all birth partners appreciate by the end of day one of my course!
My aim is to prepare you with the knowledge and tools you need to birth calmly and confidently …. because you absolutely can.
Hypnobirthing can be misunderstood and conjure up images of Paul McKenna or Little Britain and whale music, so I’ve scrapped all the hippy stuff and focus on helping women and their partners having a positive birth experience rather than a ‘perfect’ birth. No nonsense, just simple but specific deep relaxation techniques that will empower you to trust your body and your baby so that your birth is easier and more comfortable. Birth should be a positive experience that you will always want to remember.
Here’s what I do:
- I am a qualified Hypnobirthing Practitioner offering hypnobirthing courses in central Tunbridge Wells and also private full courses or refreshers for parents in their homes. My qualification in hypnotherapy for childbirth is accredited by The Royal College of Midwives.
- I am an NCT Antenatal Teacher and Birth & Beyond Practitioner and hold a Diploma of Higher Education in Antenatal Education from the University of Bedfordshire. I attend many study days and workshops to enrich my knowledge of childbirth and parenting, including midwifery and obstetric update days, and, of course, I have personal experience of birthing and caring for my own children.
- I completed my doula training with Nurturing Birth and am a recognised birth doula with Doula Uk but please note – I’m not taking on doula work at the moment.
- I am on Gentle Parenting UK’s panel of experts and facilitate Positive Birth Tunbridge Wells, part of The Positive Birth Movement. These are FREE monthly gatherings for mums/mums to be.
- I sit on the Delivery Suite Forum at Pembury Hospital and also the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells Maternity Services Liaison Committee.
For your peace of mind, I am fully police checked (Enhanced Disclosure).
I have supported parents planning their first birth, subsequent births, twin births, waterbirths, hypnobirths, at home, hospital and birth centre. I also have knowledge and experience in supporting women planning a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarean).
Feel free to call or email me with any questions or to talk more. I’m here to support you every step of the way and can’t wait to meet you.
Until then, why not watch my short video below?