… and you’re …. Pregnant!! First of all, the absolute crux is – no matter how panic-stricken you’re feeling now, or how clueless I promise you that after one of my workshops you will feel informed, happy, confident and totally nurtued and supported. No one else offers what I do. My workshops are totally unique as is the unlimited support you’ll receive. I work really hard to make sure that this is the experience for every mum/dad/partner who attends because it’s what you, your baby, your family deserves and you’re unlikely to get it anywhere else.
So, maybe right now, the thought of giving birth is scaring the shit out of you … you’re wondering how you’ll cope …or maybe you just know that winging it, with your fingers crossed is a bit daft. You want to be in control but don’t know how. You’re confident in almost EVERY area of your life, right? … just maybe not birth?
Most of the parents I’ve worked with arrive feeling exactly like you do and go on to have calm, positive births. This is because on my workshops you’ll get rid of all the unhelpful stuff that’s going around your head and making you feel scared, you’ll learn no-nonsense, straightforward self-help techniques that WORK and knowledge of what your body’s doing during birth and how to go with it, and you’ll be completely supported every step of the way. You’ll leave brimming with confidence and knowledge and you’ll have the tools and techniques you need to make birth easier and more comfortable.
I’ve designed the workshops with you in mind and I’ve literally got it all covered.
If you’re looking for someone to wave a magic wand and guarantee an orgasmic birth, silent birth, pain-free birth etc. I’m not for you (you’ll need to find an actual magician for that). I’m not all about ‘natural’ birth only, although many of my clients do go on to have a birth without intervention. I’m about equipping you to have a positive, calm experience however your baby enters the world … the right birth for you and your baby on the day.
I trained in hypnobirthing because I’d seen it’s effects in women who I’d doula’d for and I wanted to support women like you who need help around birth anxiety, and also their partners who often assume they’ll be a ‘spare part’ on the day – you know, just there for hand-holding …. nothing could be further from the truth as all birth partners appreciate within the first hour of my workshop!
My aim is to prepare you with the knowledge and tools you need to birth calmly, confidently, peacefully …. because you absolutely CAN.
I think most modern parents are up-to-speed these days with understanding that hypnobirthing isn’t about whale music and chanting, right? Just to be absolutely clear though – I’m offering practical, simple but specific deep relaxation techniques that WILL enable you to trust your body and your baby so that your birth IS easier and more comfortable.
- I am a qualified Hypnobirthing Practitioner. I trained with Maggie Howell of Natal Hypnotherapy. My qualification in hypnotherapy for childbirth is accredited by The Royal College of Midwives.
- I trained for 3 & a half years to become an NCT Antenatal Teacher and Birth & Beyond Practitioner (I’ve been practising for 10 years) and hold a University Diploma of Higher Education in Antenatal Education. I attend many study days and workshops to enrich my knowledge of childbirth and parenting, including midwifery and obstetric update days, and, of course, I have personal experience of birthing my own children and have attended many, many births as a doula.
- I completed my doula training with Nurturing Birth and am a recognised birth doula with Doula Uk but please note – I’m not taking on doula work at the moment.
- I am on Gentle Parenting UK’s panel of experts and facilitate Positive Birth Tunbridge Wells, part of The Positive Birth Movement. These are FREE monthly gatherings for mums/mums to be plus Dads Only meet-ups every 2 months
- I sit on the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust‘s Maternity Forum at Pembury Hospital and also the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells Maternity Voices Partnership.
I have supported parents planning their first birth, subsequent births, twin births, water births, caesarean births, hypnobirths, at home, hospital and birth centre. I also have knowledge and experience in supporting women planning a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarean).
Feel free to call or email me with any questions or to talk more. I’m here to support you every step of the way and can’t wait to meet you.