Jane’s Preferences Partner – John
Jane would like to use a birthing pool if one is available to labour in and maybe to birth her baby in (will decide at appropriate time).
Jane would like to have a vaginal birth with minimal intervention. She understands that there may be a need for medical staff to suggest intervention and would like the opportunity for discussion of any that may be deemed necessary if that is appropriate.
As such, she would prefer:
– to be left alone with John as much as possible.
– Intermittent monitoring
– No drip to be sited until necessary
– Jane’s aware of pain relief options and will ask for them if she wants them. Please don’t suggest.
– Physiological (Natural) third stage, no injection.
– Optimal Cord Clamping
– Baby to be passed straight to Jane once born.
– Skin to skin
– Jane & John to discover their baby’s sex themselves.
– Baby to have Vitamin K injection/Baby to be given Vitamin K orally
– John would like/would not like to cut the cord